SoundToys FilterFreak audio software plugin for Pro Tools TDM, RTAS, VST, & AU gives you filters like Mutron synth style reshaping with ADSR, the Sherman Filterbank, the Morley WahWah, and more
SoundToys is big on analog, and they know that sound is important. So they designed FilterFreak to be fat. To be warm. To be, well, analog. All the reviews and feedback say they nailed it. They also designed it to do all the things you do with filters. From funky envelope followers like Mutron, to classic synth style reshaping with ADSR, to big resonant LFO sweeps like the Sherman Filterbank, as well as the classic sound of the old Morley WahWah pedals. Even two flavors of the great old Sci-Fi sample and hold sound. But a plugin needs to be more. So, they added a unique Rhythm Mode that lets you create cool custom patterns that lock to MIDI. So, FilterFreak gives you the fat and the flexibility of a whole closet full of filters and beyond.
You can select emulations of different filter types to get a wide range of classic sounds. Crank up the resonance to make it squeal. Flip on the Analog Mode switch and hit it hard to add Dirt, Pump, Shred or Fat. Yep, you can hit it hard coming in and going out, kind of like that old piece of hardware, only no batteries or cables, just great analog sound. (Oh and simulated wood side panels)
The Rhythm Mode gets you moving with the music. Flip the MIDI switch, select 1/4 notes and a sine wave, instant auto wah. To get a little more creative, you can pop open the Rhythm Editor and create a custom pattern that fits your tune. (Save that pattern and use it in PhaseMistress, Tremolator, or EchoBoy). Grab the Groove knob and use swing or shuffle to drop it in the pocket. FilterFreak is the only filter that lets you get to your sound and feel fast.
Double your Pleasure
Need more power? Fire up FilterFreak2 (It's part of the package). That's two fat analog filters you can run serial or parallel for total filter dominance. Each can select from Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass and Band Reject. As well as, 2, 4, 6, or 8 pole filters. Bass, guitar, drums, synths, vocals, anything you want to put through it and anyway you want it.
- Pro Tools TDM, RTAS, Audio Units, and VST
- Also included in the SoundToys TDM Effects bundle
- Also included in the SoundToys Native Effects bundle
- Requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later, Windows XP/Vista/7 (Pro Tools users see Avid system requirements) and have an open USB port for an iLok hardware key
- Compatible with Pro Tools LE, M-Powered, HD Accel, Digital Performer, Logic Pro, Cubase, Nuendo, Sonar and Live
* All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with SoundToys. These trademarks are used only for historical reference or to identify products whose sounds or tone were studied in the "Echo Style" development of EchoBoy.