The PCM96 Surround delivers 50 new and legendary Lexicon reverbs, delays and modulation effects, while at the same time offering more presets, configuration options and additional inputs and outputs. Designed for the modern studio, the PCM96 Surround can function as a control-only insert or FireWire streaming audio plug-in inside any Mac VST®, RTAS or Audio Units software.
A new Pitch algorithm has been developed for the PCM96 Surround in addition to the Room, Hall, and many more algorithms for music and post production.
Lexicon's new Room algorithm provides a more flexible alternative to convolution type reverbs. Reflection patterns can be easily selected, scaled and equalized - all while simultaneously passing audio. They can be instantly reversed or combined with a traditional reverb to extend the decay or bring a stronger sense of "liveness" to the space.
Features at a Glance
- Parallel Stereo and Surround configurations
- Lexicon's new Surround Room algorithm, used to generate a vast array of room-related effects for music and post
- New pitch algorithms
- 50 legendary Lexicon® reverbs, modulation, and delay effects
- "Hardware Plug-In" feature with Mac VST®, RTAS or Audio Units software
- Seamless automation and control via Ethernet or FireWire
- Over 2200 factory presets, including recognizable classics from Lexicon's immense library of sounds
- External BNC Wordclock input
- Multiple sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96 kHz
- 32-bit floating point processing
- MIDI in, out, and thru
- 768 user presets
- Large front panel OLED display
- Compact Flash preset storage
- HiQnet™ compatible
The PCM96 Surround uses multimode filters at several spots in the audio flow to provide more exact shaping of the reverb while still maintaining the distinctive Lexicon sound. All reverbs have an 'infinite' switch that allows the reverb to run forever, a useful feature for creating unusual backgrounds and sound effects. With decades of legacy products to leverage, the PCM96 Surround includes over 2200 of the finest collection of factory presets available.
The PCM96 Surround can be divided into four virtual machines, each of which can run its own algorithm. This allows the signal from each input to be routed through a variety of algorithm combinations. Following in the tradition of the PCM60, PCM70 and PCM96 signal processors, the PCM96 Surround delivers the versatility and rich sound that is unmistakably Lexicon.
Two models are available: a digital only version with six XLR Stereo AES inputs and outputs; and a version with both digital and analog which includes two DB25 connectors with 6-channel analog I/O and one DB25 with 6-channel digital I/O. Both versions feature MIDI, Wordclock, Ethernet, and FireWire®.
Please Note: The AES and Analog DSUB connections are in Tascam format