SoundToys EchoBoy audio software plugin for Pro Tools TDM, RTAS, VST, and AU is an analog modeled delay, echo and chorus, modeled after the ATR-102, EchoPlex, Space Echo, Memory Man, and more.
When the designers at SoundToys designed EchoBoy, they were looking for an echo that was warmer than existing delay plugins, yet not as dark as guitar pedal echos. Well it seems like they got this one just right. Since its release, EchoBoy has quickly become one of those 'must-have' plugins for Pro Tools, and has become a permanent fixture on the aux faders of hundreds of top mixers and engineers.
Find an echo tone that fits your mix by choosing one of the 30 built-in echo styles modeled after their personal collection of vintage echos. SoundToys engineers favorite is the warm sound of "Studio Tape", modeled after their ATR-102 half-inch two-track machine. You'll also get instant access to a whole range of classics, including EchoPlex, Space Echo, Memory Man, DM-2, and the TelRay oilcan delay. EchoBoy's chorus even emulates the CE-2 chorus, considered a holy-grail of guitar chorus pedals. And yes, turn it up! EchoBoy is designed to be abused, just like real analog gear.
Designed for Musicians
No math needed to figure out delay times! Just dial in a musical note value and lock it to your song's tempo with the flip of a switch. Fine-tune the echo rhythm with the Groove, Accent, and Feel controls. With these simple controls, dial in a musical sound that fits your style. EchoBoy is the only echo processor with true musical groove control.
Even though EchoBoy is easy to use, it's also incredibly versatile. Switch to Dual Echo or Ping-Pong modes for powerful stereo echo effects, or use Rhythm mode's remarkably easy-to-use 16-tap rhythmic delay. Under the Style Tweak button you'll find a 3-band parametric EQ with separate control over echo decay and tone. Choose the amount and type of analog saturation, dial in the amount of tape wobble, and even reverb style diffusion control. There's nothing anywhere that gives you this sort of control.
- Pro Tools TDM, RTAS, Audio Units, and VST
- Also included in the SoundToys TDM Effects bundle
- Also included in the SoundToys Native Effects bundle
- Requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later, Windows XP/Vista/7 (Pro Tools users see Avid system requirements) and have an open USB port for an iLok hardware key
- Compatible with Pro Tools LE, M-Powered, HD Accel, Digital Performer, Logic Pro, Cubase, Nuendo, Sonar and Live
* All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with SoundToys. These trademarks are used only for historical reference or to identify products whose sounds or tone were studied in the "Echo Style" development of EchoBoy.