The AES16e builds on the capabilities of the industry-standard Lynx AES16 with an updated feature set and the benefits of the PCI Express interface. The architecture and higher bandwidth of PCI Express reduces bottlenecks and overhead, which provides higher performance for computer-based high end audio. There are three models of the AES16 card and each share the same core features.
The AES16e x1 PCI Express card provides 16 channels of 24-bit AES/EBU digital audio at a 192 kHz sample rate in both single wire and dual wire AES modes. Designed to integrate digital consoles, multichannel A/D and D/A converters, hard disk recorders, digital audio workstations and other digital audio equipment, the AES16e is compatible with Windows and Macintosh operating systems.
The AES16e-SRC will provide 16 channels of sample rate conversion, which can be assigned to operate on either the inputs or outputs.
The third model, the AES16e-50, will add up to 48 digital I/O channels using AES50 technology, carrying the digital signal on standard CAT5 or CAT6 cable.
Offering a solution for jitter problems in AES signals, the AES16 incorporates a Lynx's proprietary technology called SynchroLock™ that provides extreme jitter tolerance at all inputs. By coupling statistical analysis with low-noise clock generation techniques, SynchroLock is able to extract a very clean clock from AES signals affected by long cable lengths and other noise sources. The clock output of SynchroLock can also be used as a very accurate word clock source for other studio devices.
Glitch-free recording and playback is assured due to the AES16e's large on-board buffers and extremely efficient zero-wait state DMA engine. These features provide tolerance to system latencies and significantly reduce load on the host CPU. Data transfer hardware and software are highly optimized to provide extremely low latency performance for ASIO and other real-time applications.
- 1x PCI Express interface works with Macintosh or Windows PCs with PCI Express ports
- Eight stereo inputs and eight stereo outputs (16 mono I/O), AES/EBU format, 24-bit, single wire and dual wire, transformer coupled
- Extensive on-board digital mixer
- Optional sixteen channels of Sample Rate Conversion. Support for conversion ratios up to 16:1 with 144 dB dynamic range
- Optional AES50 interface
- All relevant settings, such as sample rate selection, sync source selection, channel routing, and buffer size are enabled, controlled and monitored from the host computer
- Multi-channel support of 5.1 and 7.1 surround playback formats
- Includes Lynx-exclusive SynchroLock&8482; sample clock generator for 3000:1 jitter rejection on external clock sources
- Supports ASIO and WDM for Windows and CoreAudio for Mac OSX
- Easy driver installation for Windows, Mac OSX
Standard PCI Express model 16 channels of sample rate conversion, no cables
Standard PCI Express model with AES50 port, 16 channels of sample rate conversion, no cables. Uses standard CAT5e or CAT6 cable to send and receive up to 32 digital I/O channels with sample clock and control data channel
Both cabling options listed on this page are for Lynx cables. Bear in mind that the DSUB->DSUB cables are in Yamaha standard AES/EBU pin configuration. These work for Lynx, Apogee, and many other 3rd party converters but be sure to check the DSUB pin configuration of your converter prior to ordering. You may also give us a call and we'll be glad to verify the pin configuration of your specific converter.
If you would like custom made Mogami cabling please give us a call. We can custom build any length and most any configuration for you.